Police are investigating circumstances that led to the death of a female Nyeri National Polytechnic student who was found dead in her rental room in Nyeri town. The body of the 20-year-old girl, whose name was not immediately released, was found with burnt injuries ostensibly caused by fire.
Residents said she was found with a pair of headsets in her ears and that she died while listening to music from her laptop which was connected to power, according to preliminary observations.
The incident was discovered by neighbours who called police officers after peeping through the window of the one-roomed house and unsuccessfully trying to wake her up.
“We suspect she was electrocuted since the door was closed from inside. She only had head injuries,” they said.
Residents have called for intensive investigations into the incidence which they termed as mysterious.
Police removed the body to Nyeri Referral Hospital mortuary.